Friday, January 27, 2012

Good Luck vs God Luck

A few weeks back I was talking to a friend on msn and I went to type "Good Luck " to them and as I usually do I typed it incorrectly and instead typed "God Luck", I quickly retyped it and sent her the message. But it got me to thinking, had I made a mistake or was my typo actually what I meant?? Good luck implies good fortune by chance, but as a believer in God do I really believe in chance? I have been taught that God has a purpose for all of us, he never gives us what we cant handle and just because we pray for something, doesnt mean it will happen the way we want, God may have other plans. Most of the time when we wish someone "Good Luck" we are usually hoping for a good outcome, like a job interview, trying out for a part in a play, hoping they win the big game or even learning about a loved ones illness. But all of those things involve God's purpose for our lives and sometimes God's purpose isnt always a good outcome for us. Wishing someone "God Luck" means no matter the outcome, God is always with us, working according to his purpose for our lives. No matter what happens, good or bad we need to be content with whatever the outcome because even if we do our best or even be the best  God will determine what happens. No matter what happens we need to understand it was God's plan and purpose for our lives.

 I realize its never "Good Luck" in our lives....its "God's Luck" , whatever the circumstances its all because He loves us and knows whats best for us, in those moments of great sorrow and loss its hard to see that but its true....its all because of God's purpose in our life. Put your faith in God, seek Him and His counsel, trust that He knows best and let it all happen according to His purpose in your life and the next time you go to wish someone "Good Luck" maybe you can wish them "God Luck" instead.

Blessing,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so it wasn't a typo when you wished me "God luck" on my new blog! lol Very clever. And insightful. I sometimes feel funny saying "Good luck" because really, there's no such thing. Have a blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it wasnt a typo, I wish you lots of "God Luck", I loved your first official post.

      Delete